Saturday, July 19, 2008

Forget The Things We Swore We Meant.

After everything we've been through, you still manage to ignore the hurt in my voice when you let me down.
It's as if you could give a shit less about what you're doing to me.
And to think, I've always been there for you.
You were an angel to me; I held you so high.
Perfect, I would say.
But, all you ever did was prove me wrong.
Of course, I ignored it.
I did my best to defend; to believe in you.
In the end, you just let me down.
You hurt me more than anyone I've ever known.
Constant lies.
Constant deceit.
Constant disappointment.
From you I've learned that promises are nothing more than lies with pretty ribbons tied tight around them.
From you I've learned to expect the least from the people I think the highest of.
From you I've learned that you can't count on anyone but yourself.
And never again will I give my all to someone the way I gave it all to you.

No comments: