Thursday, July 10, 2008

Everybody Needs Somebody.

All this time you've been on my mind.
It seems like I haven't crossed yours even once.
Your smile is burned into my memory.
Do you even remember me?
Do you ever think of me?
It feels like everything we had just disappeared.
Sometimes I'm glad about that.
I start to think of all the opportunities I'll have without you.
I remember all of the good times I had before you came around.
I wonder about the future without you in it...
And then my mind comes up blank.
I just can't picture you not being there for me.
And I get scared because I don't want to be alone.
What happens if life doesn't turn out the way I want it to?
What happens if I don't even know what I want?
I don't think I do anymore.
Or is it that I just don't want to accept what I know?
Do I know what I should do; what would be better in the end?
Everytime I get this far, I stop.
I just don't know what to think anymore.
What happens if it's not like they say?
What if you let someone go, but when you realize that they are who you need; who you want with every little part of yourself; they've decided that they don't want you anymore?
What if?

No comments: