Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Perfection is just a misconception.

For some odd reason, I've been really thinking about what I need in a relationship. I mean, the kind of person that I would have to be with to be happy.
It sounds really bad to me when I say something like that, but it's the truth.
I mean, don't we all need certain things in a person? From the most detailed things like blue eyes or a nice smile to something as vague as 'they have to make me laugh.'
Well, here's a letter to that perfect someone that I've yet to meet...



My darling,

I'm so glad that I've come to meet you. Your smile brightens my day more than the sunshine ever could. The way you make me laugh through the waterfall of tears that run down my cheeks oh-so-often mesmerizes me. I love the way that I feel when I'm in your arms; safe and warm, knowing that the world could never come between us. No, you would never let that happen. You care for me too much to ever let anything come between us.
You know, you're the one that made me realize that someone really cares for me; that not everyone I care for ends up leaving me. Never before has anyone been able to prove that to me, but I trust you. I trust you with my whole heart because I know that you understand what pain is, just as I do, and that you would never hurt me like the others have. I don't know how you do it sometimes; putting up with my every split-second mood swing, the tears that fall for absolutely no reason, and the way you manage to understand that when I yell it's because I'm hurt. I don't know how you understand me so well, but I thank God every day that you do.
I know we have our fights sometimes, and it means so much to me that you take the time to listen to me when I'm upset. It means even more to me that you don't just walk out because you can't take it. I know that I can be a bitch, and I'm sorry, but sometimes things just get so hard... you understand, don't you? Of course you do, you always do.
Your eyes take me to places that I've never been, ya know? When I look into them, twinkling like stars in the midnight sky, I fall away to a place straight from a fairy tale. And all the while, I know that you see right through every wall that I try to put up. You break them down just to get to me; to save me from myself.
I hope you know that the little things you do, holding my hand as we walk in the darkness, opening the car doors, picnics in the park with the autumn leaves surrounding us, they're worth more to me than any amount of money could ever be. (They're even worth more than diamonds!) [:D]
You care for me, I can see it in your every move. You don't need to prove that to me. You don't need to prove anything to me. I know that you're amazing. I know that you can be tough when you need to, you don't have to threaten and fight every guy that looks my way. I'm yours, only yours, so don't be jelous, okay?
Endless conversations about absolutely nothing make me feel more comfortable in your presance than I feel in anyone elses. I know that you won't laugh at my silly ideas or stupid questions. We can argue about pointless things that neither of us really know the answer to and still end up laughing about it all in the end. You always find a way to make everything make sense to me; even algebra! I love it.
You have no idea how much you mean to me, my love. I can't wait until I find you.

Until then, I'll be waiting for you here,

Jessica Autumn Caputo

No comments: